Saturday, December 22, 2007

Thing 18: Technorati and tagging blog posts

As part of this week's assignment to explore Technorati and tag blog posts, I signed into Technorati and claimed my blog. My blog had an authority of 1, which I think means it had at least one link/association from another blog--the VBPL Learning 2.0 blog. It had no fans--This feels almost as bad as having only one friend on MySpace. In the process of claiming my blog, I tagged it with "VBPL", "VBPLL2", "Virginia Beach", and "Learning 2.0". I added biographical information, but decided not to upload a photo. Currently, my blog is rated 4,446,976.

I tried searching "VBPL" and found blog posts from our Learning 2.0 blog. The only blog under that search was mine. : ) I tried "Learning 2.0" and was overwhelmed by the results. Some looked like familiar, like posts I might have encountered on earlier assignments. "Virginia Beach" provided some amusing blogs and posts--"Grumpy Gustav" and Kerry Daugherty from the Virginian Pilot.

I am not sure if I will ever sign back into Technorati, but I have added the log in information to my planner...I find that is the only way I can keep track of all these cyber-presences.

No comments: