Monday, December 3, 2007

Thing 14: Adding content to the VBPL Reader's Advisory Wiki

Adding content to the VBPL Reader's Advisory wiki was kind of fun. First, I went into the books to movie list and added Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising and Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass. Then I did the assigned, add two titles to the staff picks page. My picks were: Terry Pratchett's Guards! Guards! and The Daring Book for Girls, which I just bought my niece for Christmas. Then, I found myself wanting to rearrange the page by reading level and genre. But I didn't. So far so good.

Adding tags was not as simple as it is on my Shelfari page. I had to search "help" and even then I tagged the list, not the title, so I am not sure I did it right. I would have liked to tag just the books themselves.

Finally, I had font issues. I wrote my blurb for The Daring Book for Girls in Word so that I could run the spell check. When I cut and pasted it into the list, I realized the font was too large. I had to play with sizes to find one that looked right. Maybe if I had pasted it into notepad first? Stripped it of all mark up language?

This is a learning process...if you don't make mistakes, you aren't pushing yourself. : )

No comments: