Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Thing 24: Explore Podcasting


Little Toot, originally uploaded by axlotl.

This has been an exercise in frustration. My first searches on Yahoo pulled up music podcasts that required money to download. I decided to search NPR, figuring that would be free--and discovered that ComIT had blocked streaming content. So...I tracked down a staff member who had successfully uploaded an NPR podcast to her RSS feed. She walked me through the steps. This was not an "intuitive" process.

However, I was really pleased with the offerings on NPR. I listened to Daniel Pinkwater reading from a reissue of "Little Toot". I looked at some other book review sites, alas not many were for children's books. I think I will check out the movie reviews next. This could really help me with Reader's Advisory. I could listen to podcasts while doing circulation tasks in the back.

No comments: